Together, we are building Always in Sight™ Connectivity.
Who We Are:
SpaceLink delivers Always in Sight™ advantage. We are designing and building a communications system to allow spacecraft in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) to connect to the ground through our data relay satellites located in Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). Our constellation will continuously transmit user data to the ground for immediate access via the cloud or other secure delivery. Intersatellite links between the relay satellites allow data to be sent directly to where the customer wants it, without it “landing” elsewhere.
As the backbone of the information superhighway for the new space economy, our constellation of satellites in MEO ensures that at least one SpaceLink satellite is always visible to spacecraft in LEO. Our customers include anyone operating space assets with a need to communicate with the ground. Our system will change the way earth observation is done and enable different systems to work together.
What You’ll Do:
SpaceLink is looking for a skilled and poised Sales Engineer to play a pivotal role in our satellite data relay business. This is a customer-facing role, and the right candidate will be energetic, articulate, and have a proven background in understanding the CONOPS of LEO satellite systems, connecting with customers and their unique requirements, and building trust in our solutions.
Key responsibilities are:
- Establish relationships with client technical and operations teams.
- Create and deliver articulate and compelling value propositions illustrating the benefits of SpaceLink products and services.
- Anticipate and address customer challenges and solve them by applying engineering skills and marshaling company resources to address customer needs.
- Work with SpaceLink technical team to design solutions that meet customer needs.
- Identify and address customers’ technical, financial, and operational drivers.
- Assist with proposal development and the delivery of effective customer communications.
- Continuously seek to educate and train others on SpaceLink products, tools, and operations.
- Provide Sales with detailed technical support and advice throughout the sales cycle.
- Identify new opportunities for growth.
- In tandem with Sales, you will own the customer engagement from the technical side.
- Respond to the technical elements of RFI/RFP/RFQs with direct, articulate, and creative inputs.
- Present a persuasive business case, sound technical solutions, and a clear value proposition.
- Ensure solutions are aligned with SpaceLink’s product and service strategy and have the commitment and backing of the product, engineering, and delivery organizations.
What It Takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineer or related field (Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- 7+ years of technical sales or related experience in the telecommunication satellite industry.
- Expert in technical market evaluation and commercial proposal elaboration.
- Strong technical background including knowledge of LEO satellites, MEO satellites, optical and RF communications systems.
- Strong knowledge of software APIs, IP Sec, Transmission Security (TRANSEC).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills capable of building strong relationships with external and internal customers.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to both, technical and non-technical audiences, anticipate potential objections, and persuade others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view and enable decision-making process.
- Careful attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and disciplined follow-up with customers.
- Strong oral and written English language communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A rigorous focus on client success.
- A willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
What We’d Love:
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with customers, senior management, and peers, and to function as a member of the SpaceLink team.
- Familiarity with New Space companies, Earth observation, and other types of Low Earth Orbit missions.
Where You’ll Be:
- The position will be remote during the pandemic.
- Our headquarters is in Tyson’s Corner, VA, a short walk from the Greensboro or Tyson’s Corner Metro stops.
- We have offices in Palo Alto, CA, and a related company in Huntsville, AL.
- Other major metropolitan locations in the U.S. with relevance to the space industry are also possible.
- Travel may be required (up to 30%)
What we offer:
- 401(k) plan with employer matching.
- Paid time off with floating holidays.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing.
- Paid parental leave.
This position is subject to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Candidates must be a U.S. Person (this includes U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, Protected Individual as defined by law), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
SpaceLink provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or disability.