Frequent travels to Spaceopal headquarters (Munich, Germany), to the GCC-D (Oberpfaffenhofen, Munich area, Germany) to GSC (Madrid, Spain) and to GSA (Prague, Czech Republic) are expected. Also missions to other locations in Europe may be requested.
The position is full time.
Spaceopal is the prime service operations contractor for the European Galileo Satellite Navigation System and manages all Galileo Service Operations. The awarded European Commission (EC) contract to Spaceopal is more than just its satellites in space. Galileo Service Operations will provide high-quality positioning, navigation and timing services to users across the whole world as a civil-controlled service with guaranteed continuity of coverage.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for the management and application of security measures to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of Galileo Operated Infrastructures according to applicable security requirements and risk analysis.
This includes in particular:
- Definition, maintenance and execution of Cyber Security Processes and Procedures to support Security Vulnerability and Patch Management processes
- Contribution to Vulnerabilities Impact Assessment
- Contribution to the definition of Security Monitoring Procedures
- Contribution to the definition of Security Awareness Programs for Operators
- Provision of expert advice in the analysis of security events and incidents
- Management and control of the implementation of Functions and Technical Interfaces in compliance to the Cyber Security Requirements
- Operational interface to Customer Security Teams and Bodies for Cyber Security activities
- Support of the Security Accreditation Processes as a consequence of the above activities
The Cyber Security Engineer will work as part of an integrated team of security specialists. The working position is in GCC-I, Fucino, Italy.
Required Qualification and Experience:
The job requires in-depth knowledge of methodologies and supporting technologies involved in the cyber-protection of critical IT infrastructures, including for instance:
- System and Network administration
- Security Hardening techniques (policies definition, policies implementation, assessment)
- Vulnerabilities handling
- Security Monitoring systems and tools
The job requires also:
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Telecommunications, Electronics, Informatics, Engineering or Physics) and/or appropriate high school degree
- At least 5+ years relevant work experience
- Fluent written and spoken English; knowledge of Italian would be a plus
- Strong attitude to team work, also leveraging resources not directly dependent on him/her
Experience in similar activities is required, better if acquired in Space or Defence programs, or in highly security-sensitive commercial sectors (e.g. Finance). Experience in the Galileo program will be a preferential factor.