Making Humanity Multiplanetary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
VEHICLE AUTOMATION SOFTWARE ENGINEER
This group is dedicated to enabling engineers to focus on development by creating software that can rapidly and reliably configure, evaluate, and launch our vehicles. This means eliminating recurring engineering tasks, intelligently designing missions based on minimal inputs (i.e. where are we going and what hardware do we have), evaluating vehicle performance versus expected behavior, and expediting engineering deliverables to our production team.
- Develop interdisciplinary software solutions to optimize engineering time and eliminate recurring tasks
- Develop highly reliable and available software systems
- Own entire development cycle, including requirements definition, design, testing, mission integration, and support
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years professional experience coding in Python
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to succinctly present recommendations to stakeholders, customers, and management
- Strong competency in debugging, performance optimization, and testing
- Professional experience with standard front-end technologies and web applications development
- Familiarity with Agile software development techniques, particularly Test-Driven Development and Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with database management
- Ability to make appropriate assumptions and perform trade studies using first principles and engineering fundamentals to create a rationale for clear recommendations
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Must be available for support during extended hours and weekends as part of an on-call rotation schedule
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department