CAD SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS ENGINEER
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Avionics Development team uses CAD based applications to design and create the technology that is used throughout SpaceX on all of our vehicle programs. We are implementing ‘bridge’ software that allows these CAD systems to communicate with other enterprise PLM and production systems. Understanding of how to extract data from CAD applications through SDK and REST interfaces, repackage the data, and export though API and other interfaces to create data payloads agnostic to the source or data applications is key to success in our streamlining design to production efforts. The team is developing tool automation to perform the repetitive tasks associated with enforcing design guidelines, design analyzation, and user productivity tool sets within the CAD systems.
Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here – rather we look for someone who loves solving problems and wants to make an impact on a super inspiring mission. You will have full ownership of challenging problems, working with a team of enthusiastic engineers with diverse perspectives to design and produce solutions that enable SpaceX to move towards our goals at a rapid pace.
- Develop highly reliable software solutions that are used across SpaceX
- Create new applications that improve how SpaceX operates
- Build prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints
- Own all aspects of software engineering and product development
- Deep dive into your users’ problems to find and create efficient solutions
- Bring your voice to the table in team collaborations on architecture, design, and code reviews
- Specifically create Software Bridges between CAD Applications and PLM Applications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or scientific discipline; OR 2+ years of professional experience building software in lieu of a degree
- Experience in full stack development
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Programming experience in Python, C#.NET, Go, Scala, Java, or similar object-oriented language
- 1+ years of rigorous experience building single page web applications
- Experience with version control, continuous integration, and continuous delivery concepts
- Expertise in designing software systems
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & monitoring
- Expertise in profiling and improving application performance
- Experience working with in-stream data processing using Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, or similar technologies
- Database experience with PostgreSQL, SQL Server, or similar database technologies
- Familiarity with CAD applications, specifically Altium Designer, a plus.
- You may be asked to work extended hours/weekends dependent on launch cadence
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
CAD Application Software Engineer/Level I: $120,000.00 – $145,000.00/per year
CAD Application Software Engineer/Level II: $140,000.00 – $170,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.