SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Fabricate and assemble high quality, high reliability wire harness and electromechanical assemblies
- Self-monitor work progress against area benchmarks and achieve on time delivery of all work
- Record work performed on shop floor management system (ERP) as well as use e-mail (MS Outlook)
- Perform verification of flight hardware and documenting results in a clear, precise and complete manner
- Assist with the development of production processes for first time production runs
- Assist with area efficiency improvement projects
Read, interpret and work from drawings as well as from controlled documentation and processes
- Cable harnesses: wiring diagrams, layout drawings, mechanical drawings, GD&T
- Assembly procedures and work instructions
- Schematics, engineering drawings, and parts lists
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of professional experience manufacturing wire harnesses in commercial, automotive, or aerospace industry
- 2+ years of professional experience using electronics equipment (e.g. programmable power supplies, DMMs, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- 2+ years of professional experience using basic mechanical and/or electronics hand tools
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree
- 6+ years of professional experience with wire harnesses and/or electronics equipment
- SpaceX experience
- Experience in fast-paced production environment working with flight hardware
- Experience in a high production environment with hands on experience fabricating harness, electro-mechanical assemblies, or prototype development
- Ability to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs unassisted
- Ability to distinguish colors
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.