SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Responsible for long term task schedule (with input from various customers)
- Develop estimation metrics for all jobs in queue
- Perform time studies/data analysis to derive estimate build times
- Create strong relationships with existing and new vendors to rapidly manufacture hardware
- Use/adapt analytical methods such as Lean & Six Sigma to understand, predict and/or improve logistics operations and processes
- Generate cost estimation and analysis reports
- Manage daily technician and machine shop schedule, including hosting daily morning AITS meetings
- Coordinate with engineering, planning, receiving inspection, inventory,production, and procurement to resolve any hold factors inhibiting meeting commitments (includes part substitutes and upgrades)
- Coordinate with other departments to expedite design or documentation in support of late part delivery and testing
- Manage all planning for the avionics development technician team (includes issue dispositions and EM templates)
- Manage job completion with outside vendors (RFPO to final product delivery)
- Provide status and estimated commitment dates of material from buyers, inventory, off-site fabrication shops, and sub-assembly manufacturing centers
- Responsible for maintaining HITL configuration and associated mission workflows
- Provide real time status of table configuration and readiness
- Coordinate schedule slips and develop recovery or work around plans with affected departments
- Handle nonconforming material, return to inventory and stock purge to expedite parts as directed
- Develop processes to reduce cost and time to deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, supply chain, or logistics
- 3+ years of professional experience in a customer service, manufacturing, or logistics role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in aerospace, automotive, or consumer electronics manufacturing
- Strong computer and analytical skills including proficiency in spreadsheets, shop floor management software (ERP/MRP) and inventory management software
- Creative and passionate approach to addressing opportunities and challenges, and an enthusiastic, self-motivated, positive can-do attitude that relishes in delivering best-in-class performance
- Able to identify electrical components such as resistors, capacitors, inductors and IC’s
- Knowledge of harness manufacturing process and components
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Lifting up to 25lbs., standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing stooping, stretching and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be available to work all shifts, long hours, and weekends, as required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.