SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Sr. EEE Parts Reliability Engineer plays a critical role in supporting the design engineer community towards higher reliability EEE components and systems. This person ensures SpaceX can continue to use commercial electronics from a wide range of manufacturers. The Sr. EEE Parts Reliability Engineer is a key member that is involved with evaluating the quality and reliability of components for the design community. This engineer will also address unforeseen component issues/failures and bring appropriate groups together to drive work towards closure. This work impacts all stages of design and production and must interface with supply chain, design engineers, manufacturing engineers, and production.
- Provide support for team leadership and technical guidance within the EEE Parts Reliability group
- Drive Avionics EEE piece part reliability issues and risk towards closure
- Use reliability physics of failure models and reliability statistics to assess risk levels to the mission
- Advise EEE designers on parts selection based on part reliability and manufacturing processes
- Independently apply technical concepts to resolve complex issues, and make decisions in creative and effective ways
- Interface with SpaceX departments such as supply chain, design engineers, and production/manufacturing
- Evaluate failure analysis and destructive physical analysis investigations to provide corrective actions and paths to closure
- Develop accelerated test profiles for component-level screening and qualification testing
- Develop derating specifications for components
- Develop HALT/HASS test profiles and reliability assessments for PCBA testing
- Data management in Agile systems
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, reliability, electrical, materials, or aerospace engineering
- 6+ years of experience in any of the following areas: semiconductor physics, physics of failure, accelerated testing, design for reliability, EEE component design
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience with the Atlassian tool JIRA
- 5+ years of experience driving planning, schedules, resources trade-offs and task tracking
- Basic python coding
- Sherlock tool analysis
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing systems for electronic components
- Expert level skill with Microsoft Excel
- Able to earn the trust of colleagues
- Able to thrive in a scrappy entrepreneurial environment
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.