MAKING HUMANITY MULTIPLANETARY.
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GROUND SEGMENT ENGINEER, AUDIO SYSTEMS (SPACE OPERATIONS)
The Space Operations team is responsible for developing, executing, and improving operations products and processes that are essential to reliable orbital crewed spaceflight.
In this role, you will become an expert on the telecommunications infrastructure used for our launch vehicles and spacecraft. This includes operational voice systems (both wired and wireless) involved in real-time communications for Falcon, Dragon, and Starship. You will be responsible for the uptime of our operational telecommunications systems, and work improvements into the future to continually increase the reliability and capabilities of the network.
- Maintain operational voice networks for ground and space audio communications
- Respond to and triage voice network needs and outages
- Set up asset maintenance strategies and fault detection tooling
- Lead and conduct troubleshooting or root cause hardware performance challenges
- Perform end-to-end design validation and testing of network performance
- Identify and work continual improvements to operational voice networks
- Support development of software tooling that interface with voice networks
- Simplify network needs and automate recurring mission tasks
- Explore opportunities to re-design network architectures
- Partner with engineering teams to support development of interplanetary telecommunication architectures
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline
- 3+ years of experience with wired and wireless voice intercom communication systems in a production environment
- Experience with programming languages
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient with RTS Intercom Systems and tooling
- Experience in broadcast engineering roles and industry best practices
- Understanding of TCP/IP and VOIP networking protocols
- Experience in the space exploration industry, aviation, military, or other high-reliability operating environment
- Experience with project management
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace