SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (COMPOSITES ASSEMBLY AND INTEGRATION)
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team (design, build, and reliability engineers) and operations to efficiently build parts on schedule
- Develop and revise production processes, procedures, equipment, tooling, and layout
- Drive design for manufacturing and assembly during new product development and improvement cycles
- Facilitate production of flight-qualified composites structures at increasing production rate while reducing cost
- Resolve complex manufacturing defects and eliminate root cause
- Support design for manufacturing and assembly during new product development and improvement cycles
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, manufacturing, aerospace, or aeronautical engineering
- 1 year minimum of composites experience from industry or participation in collegiate engineering projects such as Formula SAE, Baja SAE, Rocket Club, CubeSat or Design Build Fly
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Hands-on advanced composites manufacturing experience including “out of autoclave” prepreg systems
- Experience with NX/Unigraphics and Teamcenter CAD and PDM systems for component and tooling design
- Expertise transitioning products from prototype manufacturing through volume production
- Experience with rapidly introducing process improvement and lean manufacturing principles
- Validation testing experience for composite structures
- Position may require extended work hours and weekend work
- Position may require standing, bending, stooping and working directly with hardware on the floor for up extended periods of time
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.