SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Create library parts as needed by design engineers
- Maintain electronic computer aided design (ECAD) parts libraries (schematic symbol and physical footprint)
- Maintain shared libraries in database format
- Ability to work from schematic designs and basic descriptions of board function
- Interface with manufacturing and design engineers
- 5+ years of professional experience creating schematic symbols and physical footprints using ECAD tools
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturer’s datasheets and dimensioned drawings
- Familiarity with IPC Specifications, and working knowledge of IPC-7351
- Experience with library configuration management
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively with manufacturing and engineering teams
- Proficient in the use of Excel
- IPC Certified, CID
- Experience with Altium Nexus and/or Altium Designer
- Experience with PCB layout and routing
- Aerospace industry experience
- Familiarity with both MIL STD and commercial components
- Familiarity with design for manufacturability and design for assembly
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.