MAKING HUMANITY MULTIPLANETARY.
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
RF SIGNAL PROCESSING ENGINEER (SPACECRAFT)
- Develop algorithms and signal processing for modem and sensor systems for spacecraft
- Create simulations of modem and sensor performance
- Verify end-to-end performance of integrated system including hardware and software – with realistic test setups
- Support real-world operation and demonstration of comm systems and sensors
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline with emphasis in communication systems and digital signal processing
- 2+ years of experience designing and verifying modems and sensor signal processing
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering with emphasis in communication systems and digital signal processing
- 6+ years of experience designing and verifying modems and sensor signal processing
- Expertise in developing signal processing algorithms for communications, sensors and navigation systems in Matlab, C/C++, or Python using both floating point and fixed-point design techniques
- Experience in migrating modeled algorithms to implementations in FPGA’s, ASIC’s, or high-performance SDR frameworks.
- Expertise with Software-Defined Radios (SDR) frameworks such as GNU Radio, Pothosware or LabVIEW
- Experience with various digital modulation schemes such as BPSK, QPSK, QAM, PCM/FM, APSK, OFDM, including spread spectrum
- Ability to perform trades and functional allocation to heterogeneous processing elements (processors, FPGA’s) in complex RF systems.
- Experience with Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale RFSOC series FPGA’s, Analog Devices AD9361, and other common RF chipsets
- Familiarity with radio related test equipment such as spectrum analyzers and signal generators
- Understanding of RF concepts such as AGC, noise figure, power amplifiers, phase noise, PLL, oscillators/mixers
- Experience with continuous wave or pulse radar
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, and ability to collaborate with other engineering disciplines
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed