Making Humanity Multiplanetary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Starlink will provide high-speed broadband across the United States, and around the world. Telecommunication is a heavily regulated business and this position will direct SpaceX advocacy to ensure these regulations enable and protect the provision of this ground-breaking service.
- Develop and advocate for broadband and spectrum policies that will further SpaceX’s business objectives and Starlink’s success
- Represent and promote the company positions during technical coordination interchanges with other operators and external parties
- Draft pleadings, letters, and other advocacy pieces to promote SpaceX’s policy positions, technical analyses, and help manage spectrum licensing
- Contribute to company satellite spectrum policy and general outreach activities
- Help drive technical analyses pertaining to orbital debris, satellite brightness, and radio frequency interference
- Interface with the satellite policy teams
- Develop and administer regulatory licensing application preparation, pursuit, and compliance requirements for system and service licensing
- Provide strategic regulatory advice and advocacy support to business development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or other engineering disciplines
- 2+ years of experience in the telecommunications sector
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Juris Doctor degree
- Experience with and understanding of broadband policy, foreign and domestic
- Experience with and understanding of spectrum use and policies
- Knowledge of radiofrequency spectrum technology
- Willingness to travel, ~30%
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify us.