MAKING HUMANITY MULTIPLANETARY.
As a Sr. GNC Satellite Attitude Determination & Control Engineer, you will be responsible for pushing the technical boundaries of our satellites. You will work with a talented team of accomplished engineers to develop, analyze, and test satellites and subsystems for highly reliable flight. You should thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments where you adapt quickly and love to solve hard problems.
- Design and analysis of satellite attitude determination and control systems.
- ADCS hardware performance specification including reaction wheel and torque rod sizing, sensor noise and performance characteristics, redundancy and fault management.
- Develop high fidelity 6 degree of freedom single and multi-vehicle simulation using C++.
- Implement closed loop pointing, orbit raising, and station keeping algorithms.
- Analyze platform stability to ensure low jitter of line-of-sight instruments.
- Various first principles derived analyses.
- Provide strong technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in physics or an engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of professional experience in an engineering role.
- Experience with satellite attitude determination and/or orbital mechanics.
- Software development experience in C++ or Python.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree or PhD in physics or an engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of professional experience in either satellite attitude determination and control or orbit raising and station keeping.
- Experience with flexible body control, orbital maneuvering, filtering, fault management, software development, and navigation filtering.
- Strong understanding of classical dynamics, orbital mechanics, modeling and simulation, and software development.
- Cradle to grave development of three axis stabilized spacecraft incorporating momentum, magnetic, and propulsive control.
- Low thrust trajectory optimization for orbital maneuvering.
- Capable of identifying and solving complex problems with little to no supervision or direction.
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed complete major milestones.