Making Humanity Multiplanetary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SpaceX is on a fast track to becoming the market leader in various product categories like US-based human spaceflight, rapid vehicle reusability, internet services through the Starlink constellation, and other exciting projects. The SpaceX Supply Chain Department is a critical player in our operations. To capitalize on SpaceX’s technological and market-changing successes, our team will be part of managing an agile yet robust supply chain that will enable a competitive advantage for the company. SpaceX’s supply chain will play a key role in enabling SpaceX to meet these ambitious growth targets and greatly contribute to making us a multi-planetary species.
This is a high-profile, cross-functional position that plays an integral role in enabling production flow and supporting launch manifest. Working in close coordination with engineering and manufacturing departments, supply chain managers execute effective creative and smart supply chain strategies to achieve production goals. The functions within the supply chain management include material requirements planning, purchasing, supplier delivery management, dock-to-stock coordination, and inventory levels management. With all integration taking place in-house, supply chain managers are able to see their assemblies come to life every day!
- Responsible for managing and continuously improving both demand and supply plans associated with the Starship design group (primary/secondary structure, mechanisms, thermal protection, propulsion)
- Maintain accuracy and audit bill of materials in MRP systems in preparation for production at a rate
- Manage inventory level targets, reviewing a line of balances, aligning demand-supply signals and allocations, maintaining product master data, and developing expertise in in-house systems and reports
- Mitigate risk and ensure continuity of supply by constructing and executing a well thought out supply plan that fulfills the needs of the product on time and with quality
- Execute MRP planning messages for production parts
- Issue purchase orders for production-ready (post-NPI handoff) requirements and ensure delivery. Manage relevant purchase order master data to ensure timely delivery and provide production with dependable delivery signals
- Coordinate with engineering, production, and quality organizations to determine change cut in and reduce obsolescence of material and eliminate/reduce quality issues
- Partner with internal stakeholders on implementing advanced supply chain strategies like long term purchases, design for manufacturing to reduce cost and improve quality
- Proactively manage inventory, prevent stock-outs while optimizing the utilization of SpaceX working capital
- Develop and maintain good relationships with vendors and distributors to ensure communication channels are buzzing with real-time delivery information and work in progress
- Monitor and manage costs to ensure adherence to project-specific budgets and forecasts
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and government regulations
- Proactively update SpaceX management and engineering teams on all critical supply issues
- Analyze supply chain data and report out metrics
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of experience working in a supply chain, production, or engineering function
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience in material planning, supply chain, production, project management, or engineering
- Technical knowledge in a commodity (e.g. machining, sheet metal fabrication, tube bending and assembly, weldment assembly, soft goods, etc.)
- Proven success working on cross-functional new product introduction projects, completing cost models and negotiating
- Familiarity with ERP systems and purchasing/planning functions
- SQL experience
- PowerBI experience
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and Project, able to create pivot tables or macros, and analyze data
- Experience navigating multitier bills of materials and work orders
- APICS certification
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Able to conduct all activities with the highest of integrity
- Understanding of block-chain powered supply chain platforms to boost efficiency, traceability, and transparency
- Position may require long hours and some nights and weekends when needed to hit critical deadlines
- Ability to travel – up to 50% of workweek travel is required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify us.