Making Humanity Multiplanetary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Weld, assemble, and fabricate various fluid systems and various sub-assembly components
- Use precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometers, and calipers
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Read and interpret technical drawings, and follow detailed work instructions
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Able to operate forklifts, cranes, and heavy equipment
- Able to perform blending, filing, and shearing of sheet metal piece parts
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of experience with TIG welding
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in welding with one or more of the following materials: stainless steel, carbon steel, Inconel, aluminum, or titanium
- Experience with aerospace TIG welding
- Highly proficient in tube (small and large diameter up to 6”) cutting grinding and fabrication
- Proficient in blueprint reading and layout
- Knowledge and experience completing welds that pass visual before being X-rayed or dye penned
- AWS D17.1 and D1.2 certification
- Experience with overhead cranes and forklifts
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed. Estimated start times: 1st shift (5 am); 2nd shift (3 pm)
- Able to lift a min. of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify us.