SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Provide expertise in system-level and link-level design in support of a robust satellite broadband system
- Provide expertise in designing, analyzing, and implementing system level procedures
- Provide expertise in analysis and performance verification of the overall system including modem performance
- Generate spacecraft and consumer equipment system specifications, requirements, and test procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 2+ years of experience in system level modeling (similar to LTE system level simulator design)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in working on aspects of multiple access schemes such as TDMA, CDMA and OFDMA
- 3+ years of experience in design and verification of high data rate wireless modems
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering with emphasis in communication systems and digital signal processing
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing system level procedures
- Expensive experience in building and using system level simulators and getting meaningful system level performance data from them
- Expertise in understanding the system and creating proper behavioral abstractions and using them within the system level simulations
- Experience in various multiple access schemes including downlink and uplink scheduler designs and tradeoffs
- Expertise in C/C++, Python, Matlab
- Understanding of system link budgets and analysis related to communication systems
- Strong understanding of modem designs, link level algorithms and hardware architecture
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.