SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Our Sensors Development team works to design, test, and manufacture high performance electronic sensors for the world’s most advanced launch vehicles and spacecraft. The team is responsible for end-to-end development of application specific sensor products to support critical rocket and spacecraft operations, systems, and control loops including propulsion, guidance, navigation, control, and environmental systems. We are seeking experienced, innovative technical leaders to help build the world’s next generation of space transports.
- Responsible for leading a diverse team of engineers and technicians in the development of a wide variety of application specific sensors
- Manage project schedules, weekly task allocation, identification and removal of roadblocks, and status updates for approved sensor development projects
- Attend design reviews, provide technical feedback on designs, and challenge team members to innovate
- Provide mentorship and professional development opportunities for the members of the team
- Work with leadership and various teams to develop architecture roadmaps which enable the execution of programmatic objectives for various launch vehicles and spacecraft
- Work closely with other avionics hardware development teams to ensure continuity of best practices and processes
- Act as a technical contributor on the team, with direct ownership of one or more projects
- Bachelor degree in physics, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science
- 3+ years of experience with the development of cutting edge sensor and/or electronic projects
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree in physics or engineering discipline
- Project management experience from design to production of one or more technical projects
- Demonstrated leadership of diverse, cross-functional teams
- Experience in a fast-paced test environment with flight hardware
- Experience with high reliability electro-mechanical products such as those found in automotive, medical or aerospace industries
- Proficiency with at least one of: CAD and FEA, schematic capture, C/C++ programming, Python, MATLAB, LabVIEW
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with engineering, production and executive management teams
- Able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.