IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR – MISSION SYSTEMS
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SpaceX is looking for an IT Systems Administrator with deep knowledge and broad experience across multiple technologies including networking, Windows and Linux based enterprise systems, and general application support. This employee will be a member of the Information Technology team directly supporting our launch infrastructure; they must be comfortable working on mission-critical systems with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. The candidate should be a self-starter, self-motivator and possess ingenuity to excel at this position.
- Ensure the availability and health of mission-critical systems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve technical problems
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues
- Monitor and analyze system performance and implement performance improvements
- Develop and maintain documentation for IT systems, processes, and procedures
- Ensure that systems are configured and maintained in compliance with industry standards and regulations (e.g. ITAR, ISO, NIST)
- Exercise a high degree of responsibility for the processes, systems, and tools you create and manage; all supporting the goal of making humanity an interplanetary species
- Make recommendations, justify, and implement improvements using an accepted change control methodology
- 4+ years of experience in IT systems administration
- Experience with Linux and Windows servers in physical and virtualized enterprise environments
- Experience with networking technologies and enterprise switch management
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP), firewalls, and security technologies
- Python, Bash, PowerShell (or similar) scripting experience
- Familiarity with Active Directory and multi-platform authentication/identification environments
- Expertise in creating repeatable, reliable, scalable systems architectures, with high availability, fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring, and statistics/metrics collection
- Advanced networking experience in IPv4, switching, routing, firewalls and HA architecture
- Expert working knowledge, including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot, Windows-based systems and services (i.e. SCCM, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP)
- Experience with Linux services such as MySQL, InfluxDB, Grafana, NGINX, Apache
- Experience with industrial control systems (PLCs, RIOS, DAQs, SCADA)
- Expertise in source code and version control tools
- Experience with configuration management, provisioning, infrastructure as code, and other DevOps concepts and tools
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate with internal/external customers, vendors, management etc. in both formal and informal situations
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Ability to pass DoD background check for launch site access
- Willing to work extended hours or weekends as necessary
- Willing to be on after-hours on-call rotation
- Willing to travel (up to 20%)
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
IT Systems Administrator/Level I: $75,000.00 – $95,000.00/per year
IT Systems Administrator/Level II: $90,000.00 – $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.