SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Control pad, vehicle, recovery vessels/sites and launch countdown as a primary launch controller for SpaceX’s fleet of vehicles
- Analyze ground and flight operations to drive streamlined control room operations
- Help design automation back-end software to optimize how operators write and interact with automation
- Develop software and processes that automate how SpaceX tests and validates ground and vehicle software
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience in a test/automation/integration engineering role (including internships, design/build/compete project teams)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working on projects that involve the integration of electrical, mechanical, and software systems
- Preferred but not required, prior flight hardware experience
- Experience testing and operating with or around hazardous systems (high pressure, high energy, hazardous gases and fluids, etc.)
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed balanced with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Able to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven and demanding atmosphere
- Strong project management skills
- Able to communicate clearly and accurately with a wide range of people
- Advanced degree in an engineering discipline
- Flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small openings and climbing hand over hand
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility required
- Flexibility to travel to remote build sites
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.