SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Join the continuous improvement task force making aircraft-like launch operations a reality. You will execute critical efficiency gains to supply chain and fabrication processes, ensuring we can rapidly and effectively upgrade Falcon/Dragon processing facilities, launch pads, and recovery vessels.
As a full stack software engineer in launch hardware, you will engage with SpaceX engineers, planners, and technicians to discover the needs of the mission and write highly reliable software which turns the mission into reality. You will be responsible for the complete life-cycle of the software you create, including development, testing, and support. You are the engineer that other engineers can count on; you are technical, you attack every problem with enthusiasm; you remove hurdles. You are a self-starter, team player, have the hunger to venture quickly into unknown areas and make the system work.
Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here – rather we look for inventive, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems and want to make an impact.
- Own existing and future resource management, supply chain, and manufacturing software tools for ground systems fabrication and maintenance
- Identify blockers, remove constraints, and implement improvements to the launch equipment upgrade process
- Immerse yourself in users’ problems in the office, shop floor, and construction site to find efficient solutions to resource conflicts, material flow issues, and much more
- Build SQL queries, summarize data, and present results to leadership to support decision-making for throughput, efficiency, forecasting, and more
- Analyze and improve processes in accordance with team strategic roadmap
- Track usage of applications and implement features to improve them
- Collaborate with leadership team to develop standardized operational success metrics
- Use APIs to build systematic relationships between Cape resource management tools and corporate ERP system
- Train users and leaders on your system, process, and software developments
- Identify and resolve supply chain and logistics challenges to increase on-time delivery and reduce cost
- Relentlessly pursue elimination of waste and optimization of value
- Support department continuous improvement projects such as new process rollouts and standardization
- Seek out faults within our application suite or ERP suite and implement solutions to improve
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 2+ years of experience developing across a full-stack: web server, relational database, and client-side/front-end
- Development experience with SQL and data visualization
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Development experience with Python or similar language
- Experience building custom web applications from scratch
- Experience with enterprise resource planning systems
- Proven ability to build robust systems, implement/iterate, and train users
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design to provide intuitive applications
- Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and ability to work independently and collaborate within a team
- Experience developing software for supply chain, manufacturing, construction, or quality systems
- Knowledge of modern user interface design principles and aesthetics
- Experience with inventory management, shipping/receiving, and material flow
- Ability to simply communicate analysis results to peers, leaders, and internal customers
- Demonstrated results creating zero-maintenance, self-sustained process change
- Experience implementing lean production tools such as standard work, PFMEA, value stream mapping, Kanban, and 5S
- Physical effort including standing, lifting and carrying moderately heavy materials or equipment (15 to 35 lbs.)
- Occasional travel may be required
- Willingness to work outdoors
- Ability to pass Cape Canaveral background check
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.