SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Lead a team of Ground Engineers on major projects including the design, analysis, fabrication, and activation of mechanical GSE primarily at the Brownsville, TX production and test site
- Work to bring new critical capabilities on line and drive continual process optimizations to increase production rate, operational efficiency, and reduce cost across the site
- Work closely and coordinate vehicle engineering and leadership teams to ensure system-level requirements are met with all designs
- Review and approve designs of team members, provide technical leadership through proficiency in mechanical design, and grow the skills and efficiency of the team
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- 3+years’ experience in mechanical CAD design and FEA analysis
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience leading complex, multi-disciplinary design and build projects at SpaceX
- Demonstrated project ownership in a field/hands-on/operational type role
- Graduate degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- At least two years of experience with Siemens NX 8 or later CAD
- Proficiency with at least two of the following FEA programs: ANSYS, Femap, NX Simulation
- Experience with metallic fabrication processes – conventional and CNC milling/lathing, welding, waterjet, field machining
- Experience authoring technical documentation: inspection plans, operational procedures, test plans
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work significant overtime
- Must be able to pass Cape Canaveral Air Force Station background check
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.