SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Work as part of a team of engineers and technicians to design and build an operational offshore rocket launch facility
- Own the execution of system build and commissioning projects in the field. Projects could range from large scale construction ops, lifting and rigging plans to the implementation of fluids or controls systems
- Work closely with engineers across multiple disciplines (mechanical, electrical, controls, fluids) and apply specific offshore systems technical expertise to review designs and facilitate successful integration of an operable final product
- Provide technical leadership to the project
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, aerospace, or marine engineering
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience in the marine/offshore industry
- 3+ years of experience working and living offshore
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous SpaceX design, build, and activation experience
- Experience leading complex, multi-disciplinary design and build projects, specifically in the offshore context
- Demonstrated complete project ownership in a field/hands-on/operational type role
- Graduate degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- Proficiency with at least two of the following FEA programs: ANSYS, Femap, NX Simulation
- Experience with metallic fabrication processes: conventional and CNC milling/lathing, welding, waterjet, field machining
- Experience authoring technical documentation: inspection plans, operational procedures, activation, checkout or proof test plans
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work significant overtime
- Must be able to pass Cape Canaveral Air Force Station background check
- Ability to work on an offshore platform in Brownsville, TX
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.