SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
One of the most ambitious missions that SpaceX has undertaken to date, the Starlink satellite constellation is our solution to providing reliable internet to the entire world. We are looking for a talented network engineer to join our Starlink Terrestrial Network Engineering team to help build and operate a network with global scale. You will be part of a team with significant impact on the service delivered to our customers around the world.
- Manage and expand network interconnections, network co-location sites and points of presence (POPs)
- Maintain the uptime and performance of the terrestrial network
- Improve network performance based upon system performance metrics
- Assist in updating system configuration and firmware
- Assist in negotiating technical aspects of supplier and service provider contracts
- Assist in architecting how Starlink satellite assets will integrate with more traditional terrestrial networks
- 3+ years of professional hands on experience operating a service provider network
- Operational experience in a Linux production environment
- Experience with Python and/or bash scripting
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering discipline
- Deep understanding of service provider networks including but not limited to:
- Connectivity (Ethernet, WDM, IPv4 and IPv6)
- Switching (MPLS, QinQ)
- Routing (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS)
- Subscriber Management (BNG, RADIUS/AAA, QoS, BSS/OSS integration)
- Network security and Anti-DDoS measures
- Internet services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc.)
- Familiarity with network health monitoring systems such as Observium, Solarwinds or Nagios
- Experience with hands-on work in bringing up network infrastructure
- Experience creating documentation and procedures
- Ability to run projects independently
- Experience working on wireless networks
- Experience working on software defined networking (SDN) and/or network function virtualization (NFV)
- Cisco, Juniper or other industry certifications
- Must be willing to do some travel domestically and globally in the future when needed
- Must be available for on-call rotations
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR HERE.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.