SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Design of advanced antenna and feed systems in support of next generation products
- Fabricate and characterize prototypes of antennas, feed systems and RF front ends
- Contribute different aspects of the integration of the antennas into spacecraft and other systems
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 2+ years of research or development experience in the general areas of RF and antennas (internship and thesis work acceptable)
- 1+ years of experience using one of the 3D EM simulation tools such as CST, HFSS, FEKO, SEMCAD, EMPro, TICRA or XFDTD
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree or PhD in electrical engineering with some research/thesis work on RF or antennas
- 3+ years of experience with basic RF concepts such as impedance matching, linear and aperture antennas, smith chart, power handling metrics (IIP2, IMD), microwave network analysis, RF filter design
- Familiar with one of the mainstream RF circuit simulation tools: AWR, ADS, Genesys
- Familiar with antenna prototyping tools and techniques
- Familiar with antenna measurement techniques and tools such as anechoic/reverb chambers, near field EM measurements
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.