MAKING HUMANITY MULTIPLANETARY.
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Design and analysis of attitude determination, control systems, and state machine logic for the ground-based Starlink phased array antennas.
- Develop features which will enable Starlink to be deployed in a variety of new applications, including ships, aircraft, spacecraft, and more.
- Dish GNC hardware performance specification including sensor noise and performance characteristics.
- Model derivation and high fidelity simulation for development and validation of prototype features.
- Implementation and deployment of production software (C++) pertinent to the systems described above.
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace, physics, electrical engineering, software engineering, or an engineering discipline.
- Software development experience in C++.
- Experience with attitude estimation, sensor blending, and some familiarity with design of feedback control systems.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree or PhD in physics or an engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated project or professional experience in state estimation, feedback control, robotics, antenna design and actuation, or similar.
- Strong understanding of classical dynamics, modeling and simulation, and software development.
- Capable of identifying and solving complex problems with little to no supervision or direction.
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed.