MAKING HUMANITY MULTIPLANETARY.
- Design and analysis of satellite attitude determination and control systems.
- ADCS hardware performance specification including reaction wheel and torque rod sizing, sensor noise and performance characteristics, redundancy and fault management.
- Develop high fidelity 6 degree of freedom single and multi-vehicle simulation using C++.
- Implement closed loop pointing, orbit raising, and station keeping algorithms.
- Analyze platform stability to ensure low jitter of line-of-sight instruments.
- Various first principles derived analyses.
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace, physics or an engineering discipline.
- Software development experience in C++.
- Experience with satellite attitude determination and/or orbital mechanics.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree or PhD in physics or an engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated project or professional experience in either satellite attitude determination and control or orbit raising and station keeping.
- Experience with flexible body control, orbital maneuvering, filtering, fault management, software development, and navigation filtering.
- Strong understanding of classical dynamics, orbital mechanics, modeling and simulation, and software development.
- Cradle to grave development of three axis stabilized spacecraft incorporating momentum, magnetic, and propulsive control.
Low thrust trajectory optimization for orbital maneuvering.
Capable of identifying and solving complex problems with little to no supervision or direction.
Passion for advancing the commercial space industry.
Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere.
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed.