MAKING HUMANITY MULTIPLANETARY.
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Operate and ensure satellite production test systems and areas are operating at a rate
- Operate automated test systems using graphical and textual interfaces written in Bash and Python and running on Linux and Windows operating systems
- First level troubleshooting of test system errors by reading and interpreting test logs and telemetry
- Develop and document procedures and train operators, for execution, maintenance, assembly, and anomaly handling
- Aid in efforts to uncover root-cause of equipment failures and develop a permanent resolution on issues found during test operations
- Perform routine maintenance and calibration of rack and test equipment
- Build and validate test equipment
- High school degree or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience working in a hands-on technical position or a bachelor’s degree in an engineering field
- 1+ years of experience performing electronic testing and inspection using portable measuring devices
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working and administering a mixed Linux/Windows environment
- Bash scripting experience
- Intermediate Python skills
- Experience with virtualization technologies including VMWare and Virtualbox
- Basic understanding of networking including VLANs
- Strong understanding of technical documentation, engineering drawings, and schematics
- Strong computer and analytical skills including proficiency in spreadsheets, databases, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to fabricate and repair cable harnesses including: soldering, crimping, assembling connectors
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ability to navigate and manipulate files
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.