Otus Intelligence Group is a Sydney based spatial intelligence company founded in 2016 with a focus on developing unique spatial data products to support risk mitigation for a number of non-traditional users in the property and mining sectors. We are reinventing the way people and organisations use spatial data analytics to protect their assets and predict outcomes that will impact their properties or businesses.
We are currently adding to our team Sydney-AU and looking for forward thinking candidates with a problem-solving mindset.
This position is a paid internship position.
The intern will support our operations team with spatial data management, GIS analysis and creation of new spatial content relevant to the business unit and its projects as well as:
- Generation of property reports
- Analysis and interpretation of remotely sensed data;
- Development of innovative deliverables to improve use by non-technical users;
- Support business development through generation of data products for proposal and demos
The successful candidate will be in the process of acquiring a degree in GIS or related discipline;
- Keen interest in processing and interpretation of remotely sensed imagery
- Familiarity with software packages such as ArcGIS, QGIS, ENVI
- Familiarity with synthetic aperture radar (SAR) imagery processing will be considered as an asset
- Good English speaking and writing skills; and
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- This is a part time internship position (1 or 2 days a week)
- This internship is a paid position with a competitive hourly wage compensation plan.
- Flexible work schedules
- Dynamic start-up environment with potential full-time employment post internship
- Competitive superannuation package