The world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO).
We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The incumbent will provide support the Human Capital Business Partners in the US in their daily work. The incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of the employee’s life-cycle (performance management, career development, organizational changes, communication and resource planning as well as off-boarding) under the guidance of the HC Business Partners. He/she will also contribute to improvement of HR projects and processes.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Monitor and follow up on resource planning and definition (drafting / reviewing of job requisitions, defining requirements, managing recruitment requisitions)
- Develop trustful relationships with the internal customer group and thorough business understanding
- Assist and participate in internal HR projects/processes (e.g. Annual Performance Review Process, Recruitment processes, development planning, career conversations, grievance procedures…) as required
- Assist People Managers in all aspects of people-related topics, provide HR guidance to employees on various HR topics
- Review and improve support material / tutorials dedicated to people managers
- Make proposals to improve information exchange process with people managers
- Provide back up support during absences of colleagues
- Provide other support or tasks as assigned by his/her manager
- Excellent office organisation and accuracy
- Strong service orientation
- Structured way of working and at ease with data and processes
- A passion for people
- Customer & result oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Easiness to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Thinking ahead and follow-through to completion
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or related discipline
- 2 to 5 years of experience in HR
- Good Understanding of HR principles and processes
- Ability to use new talent tools
- Knowledge of labour law desired
- Excellent use of Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Outlook
- Affinity with HC IT tools / applications (SAP, SuccessFactors, etc.)
- Willingness and ability for regular travel, mainly on East coast
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and/or other applicable U.S. law, regulation or other requirements imposed by the U.S. Government, certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.