Are you a passionate and talented Java developer who is passionate about operating in a highly specialized and unique domain? Want to help deliver complex, innovative mission-critical systems to demanding customers? We are constantly looking for talents!
Terma provides mission-critical solutions for defense, space and security, and we are guided by one overall purpose: To provide security for people, countries and alliances. Security means that we can maintain and develop prosperity and protect life and sovereignty. We develop advanced technology that creates security in everyday life, both in peacetime and in conflict situations. In space, Terma’s technology contributes to reaching new boundaries and gaining deeper insight into our solar system and the conditions for life.
At Terma, we emphasize diversity, professionalism and bringing passionate people together, across different cultural and professional backgrounds.
Unique solutions require talent – and as we are in a strong positive development, we seek a dedicated Software Engineer for Herlev, who will help build on our success. As a Software Engineer, you become part of a large development department within C2, which in total counts 100 super-committed colleagues, and thus has a great focus and importance in Terma. In C2, work is done on stable, interdisciplinary and independent teams according to agile principles and methods, with a focus on continuous improvement of planning, quality, knowledge sharing and innovation. C2 deliver “Command and Control” solutions for blah. Infrastructure Protection, Air Force and Naval Defense.
Your most important tasks
- As a software developer, you become part of a software development team where you are involved in all phases of the software development from design, programming, testing, integration and documentation. The specific tasks in the job will alternate between deliveries on projects, maintenance of platforms, new development and maintenance of functionality, which ensures that we can always offer a continuously competitive product.
- In addition to your colleagues in the development theme, in your everyday life you will also work closely with system engineers, project managers, customers and users.
Your education and experience
- You specialize in software and possess a degree as computer science, diploma or civil engineer. You also bring 5+ years of directly relevant experience from a similar position, where you have built strong competencies within Java.
- You speak and write fluent English, since all documentation at Terma is in English.
Since your assignments are broad, it will be an advantage if you have experience with things like:
- Distributed real-time systems
- GIS systems
- Object-oriented Java
- Parallel programming and proper thread handling / synchronization
- Design Patterns and SOLID design principles
- Specific developer tools such as git, JIRA, Jenkins, artifactory, Sonarqube, IntelliJ
- Test driven development and experience with implementation of automatic and manual tests
- Agile methods / Scrum
- Virtualization of development, building and testing environments
You as a person
As a person, you are passionate, curious and eager for learning and development and you are motivated by improving both yourself and others. You therefore share natural knowledge and ideas with your colleagues and have probably participated in a number of conferences within your field.
You are methodical and systematic in your approach to your work, which in combination with your practical experience means that you can keep track of complex systems and diverse tasks.
With your communication skills and your focus on ensuring the right solutions, you naturally navigate in a diverse environment, where solutions and deliveries are a result of effective collaboration between system and software development.
What can Terma offer you?
We offer a varied daily life with professionally competent and inspiring colleagues, in a global and market-leading company operating within a highly specialized and unique domain. We offer competitive employment with room for privacy, and you can look forward to good development opportunities, both professionally and personally. We have a wide range of social activities, training facilities and a staff association with a selection of clubs based on the interests of our employees.
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma A / S is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the United States.