Building a space-powered, global data network
About the Company
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are looking for an innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Recruiter with a penchant for attracting general business talent (sales, marketing, G&A, etc) but willing to take on some tech recruiting when necessary. If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, this is the place for you, as you will have a direct impact on Spire’s growth as we find and attract the highest quality talent.
This position can be based in our Washington DC or Boulder office and will recruit for roles primarily in the US, but may take on work in any of our other offices. You will be on our global recruiting team working side by side with hiring across the world to attract and search out the top percentile of talent.
Responsibilities of your role will include:
- Engage with potential candidates on a personal level, reviewing, consulting, and assisting hiring campaigns.
- Being confident and skilled in managing the recruitment process from initial engagement to onboarding.
- Operating in an autonomous working environment.
- Being a champion for first-class candidate experience and understand local labor market compliance.
- Being knowledgeable about our business — pumped about our shared vision, and constantly looking for new ways to share the amazing opportunity and brand behind Spire.
- Being solution-focused, able to prioritize and manage complex stakeholders effectively and be ready to be proactive in this professionally unique environment.
- Implement effective social media tools that attract the right people for the right roles.
- 5+ years experience in commercial recruiting (sales, marketing, G&A, etc)
- Extensive experience in screening candidates for both behavioral and technical fit
- Have actively recruited for sales, marketing, and other business roles
- Ability in building robust talent pipelines of both active and passive candidates using innovative sourcing strategies
- Passion for continuous improvement, refining sourcing strategies based on qualitative and quantitative metrics
- Familiar with active and passive candidate search strategies
- Able to perform independently under pressure
- Superior attention to detail
- Tech-savvy with a love for learning
- Sense of humor!
- Preferred experience managing the candidate process through Greenhouse
- Experience working in the space industry is a plus!
- Confident at partnering with hiring managers to build effective sourcing strategies and relationships
- Highly adaptable and flexible in an international and extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately when under pressure to meet tight deadlines and handling a high volume of open positions
- Demonstrated customer service focus which provides for an excellent candidate experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and effective influencing & negotiation skills
- Experience in both agency recruiting and in-house recruiting.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.