Know more, change your future.
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As a Receptionist/Facilities Assistant, you’ll play a critical role in helping organize and prioritize the day-to-day operations of Spire Global UK. You will be the warm welcome to external visitors and clients as well as assisting with the daily management of facilities.
We are looking for an energetic, inquisitive, and productive Receptionist who will be the first point of contact and customer-facing within our vibrant Glasgow office.
This is a superb opportunity to join an extremely reputable and highly regarded global firm that will fully utilize your office skills and ability to multitask.
Responsibilities of your role:
- First point of contact for visitors and guests at the reception desk
- Setting up and maintaining presentation standards within all meeting rooms
- Ordering lunches, providing refreshments as required, ensuring fridges are fully stocked, and maintaining professional standards within the reception and break out area
- Ordering stationery and other peripherals needed within the office
- Managing the post, and dealing with couriers in regards to collection & delivery of goods in and out of office
- General office administration support to the Office Manager
- Managing the flow of calls through the reception telephone line to relevant parties
- Liaising with Executive Assistant, supporting senior management team, to ensure that VIP clients/guests visits run smoothly
Qualifications / Experience:
- Educated to GCSE (Min x5 C and above) or A ‘level standard.
- Minimum of 2 years of office, reception, or customer service experience.
- Excellent telephone manner, be able to articulate well, and have the ability to manage their workload effectively.
- They must be able to take on the direction and be extremely proactive; with a real willingness to take on additional responsibility.
Strong candidates will have one or more of the following criteria:
- Be intuitive and able to think on their feet and have excellent problem-solving ability
- Be extremely professional in appearance and attitude
- Punctuality (core business hours expected, but this may change due to fluctuating business needs)
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.