With nearly two decades of sub-orbital launch experience and technology development, VECTOR needs your help in taking the next steps to push space boundaries.
Innovation in space occurs when people have the freedom to imagine and to do. We are looking for other thought leaders in their fields of expertise who also believe in our vision and can work beside us to make this dream a reality. The Senior Avionics Hardware Development Engineer will be responsible for developing high speed digital and RF electronics boards and systems for the Vector Launch series of launch vehicles. This role is for a dynamic, self-starting individual with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. This is a full-time position located at our facility in Huntington Beach, CA with some travel to our Arizona Test Site (ATS) facility north of Tucson, AZ.
A typical day might include the following:
- Developing software requirements
- Defining software architectures
- Designing graphic user interfaces
- Developing LabVIEW applications for user interface displays and real-time systems
- Developing software tests
- VECTOR strongly believes in the power of the individual and seeks people who share our passion for innovating, building and flying
This job might be for you if you have these:
- B.S / M.S. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or related engineering field
- Experience with modern schematic capture tools
- Experience with Altium Designer, high speed serial interfaces, working in NX or Teamcenter a plus
- Experience designing digital interfaces for RS422, RS485, and RS232, circuits for analog to digital converters, circuits for brushless and brushed DC motors, switching and linear power supplies
- Experience designing high speed memory interfaces a plus
- Knowledge of board level EMI / EMC issues, board level thermal design
- Experience with high speed digital design and layout
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
It would be impressive if you also have these:
- Experience working with modern ECAD tools for harness design and existing aerospace connector, wire, and component vendors
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs and Xilinx RFSoC chips
- Experience with RF board design and Layout
- Experience working in NX or Teamcenter a plus
- Working knowledge of proper shielding and system level grounding architecture
- VHDL or Verilog Design
- Experience with Xilinx FPGA and SOCs, Vivado, ISE, and Xilinx SDK
- Knowledge of digital protocols SPI, I2C, UART, synchronous serial, ADCs
- Experience developing HDL for DC motors
- Knowledge of ARM processor bus – AXI and AXI-lite
- Experience building IP for AXI and AXI-lite interfaces
- Experience with Synopsys Synplify Pro a plus
- BIG vision to reshape the multi-billion launch market
- Ability to work as a member of a cross-functional team
- Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be part of an innovative team that designs, builds and flies rockets? Put your skills to work and see if you have what it takes to become a part of the new frontier of rocket science.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
VECTOR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.