Blue Origin. As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will lead the design and installation of instrumentation and control infrastructure for testing rocket engines produced for space flight systems. This role is to retrofit the historic MSFC 4670 test stand into a modern facility to test BE-3U and BE-4 rocket engines being produced in Huntsville, AL. Early design will focus on placement and routing of instrumentation and data acquisition hardware and automating ground support equipment. After facility commissioning, the role will transition to operations support, data review, and trouble-shooting data collection systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Design, plan and install test instrumentation and cabling harnesses
- Integrate video collection and storage systems in the facility
- Design and install facility and test article safety systems
- Identify and procure required components for installation activities
- Manage subcontractors and integration personnel performing installation projects
- Troubleshoot issues with instrumentation and control systems.
- Plan and oversee maintenance of instrumentation and control systems
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 15+ years’ experience with aerospace engine test facility design or operation
- Electrical schematic and panel layout design using AutoCAD Electrical
- Working knowledge of integrating instrumentation with data acquisition hardware
- Extensive knowledge of sensor operation theory and applications for static pressure, dynamic pressure, temperature, strain, and acceleration.
- Experience designing safety systems for test facilities
- Experience with video monitoring systems (4K video, high speed, infrared, etc.)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Software development for PLC/PAC controller systems
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.