Blue Origin. As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for determining people, talent, and organizational strategies to support business units and functions to help drive business results. You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and enhancing solutions that drive business and organizational performance within all business units and functions. Reporting to the VP of HR, the Sr. Director of Human Resources is an HR Business Partner leadership role managing the HR Business Partner team and commensurate budget.
This is a ‘down-and-in’ role where the objective is to ensure HRBPs deeply integrate with the business unit’s/function’s business goals while applying and executing leading edge people and organizational programs to achieve results. You will build strong relationships engaging with all levels of the organization, including the business unit’s/function’s leadership teams, and leverage strong influence and execution skills. This role and team will work closely with the Total Rewards, HRIS, Recruiting, Employee Relations, Organizational Development, and HR Operations teams.
This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- In partnership with business leaders and HRBPs, defines strategies and initiatives that drive achievement of each business unit’s/function’s goals.
- In partnership with business leaders and HRBPs, owns the execution of HR programs and practices, including performance success, compensation, workforce planning/management, talent management, Blue Leadership Principles, and specific manager and employee training and development.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract, engage, and retain a passionate and highly skilled workforce.
- Provides advice and feedback regarding the design of HR programs and is accountable for the rollout communications and execution effectiveness.
- Solves complex leadership, people, and organizational challenges with full autonomy.
- Provides strong organization, prioritization, planning, and project management for HRBP team objectives.
- Drives strategies to develop leadership and management bench-strength and succession readiness.
- Ensures effective change management and communication principles are used and builds strong two-way communication with the organization.
- Ensures multi-location continuity in terms of philosophy, company culture, and practices which fosters uniform employee experience.
- Identifies opportunities to expand and strengthen the HRBP role and charter.
- Analyzes business needs, defines the talent management strategy within the client group and influences leadership, management, hiring, HiPo, succession and promotion decisions.
- Drives consistent execution of Blue’s human resource practices, systems, and people related activities.
- Deliver Results
- Systems Thinking and Doing
- Project Management
- Critical Evaluation and Assessment
- Change Management
- Business Acumen
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Org Structures/Models
- Human Motivation and Performance
Skill & Experience
- Minimum 15 years of varied and increasing responsibilities across the spectrum of HR management.
- Minimum of 6 years in a senior management role leading/managing teams and setting/forecasting/managing budgets.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Master’s degree Industrial/Labor Relations, Business Administration, or Human Resources preferred.
- Deep understanding of labor legislation across multiple US states, business models and strategies, employees relations, compliance, org structures, performance management, talent management and workforce planning, employee attraction, engagement, and retention, HR metrics and analytics, smart policy creation, setting HR strategy, and building manager capability.
- Program and process design, workflow evaluation/creation, and expert level facilitation.
- Self-starter with proven project management and demonstration of solving complex problems.
- Stellar interpersonal skills; builds effective relationships across the organization.
- Business acumen with a keen understanding of how the business and people/organization strategies connect.
- High levels of resourcefulness, organizational savvy, execution skills (strategy through implementation) as well as executive presence/impact.
- Expert in employee engagement/satisfaction.
Some travel required – <15%
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.