As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will guide the development of tooling responsible for uniquely capturing, managing, and deploying the ground and vehicle software necessary to operate the New Glenn System. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of a re-usable software system, its delivery, and its system level verification.
This role will manage and lead a highly talented team of engineers ensuring the software builds necessary to complete each New Glenn mission are integrated and deployed in time to meet all verification and flight campaigns. In this position you will own all aspects of tooling development, including task management, cost, schedule, and team performance.
This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to create requirements, architecture, and software tools required to manage software builds for New Glenn flight and ground support systems
- Support the development of system level verification activities of software
- Define phasing plans and identify integration opportunities in support of incremental capability rollout
- Identify integration risks while developing and activating mitigation approaches
- Develop roadmap for scalable configuration management of interfaces and data compatible with information security requirements
- Develop budgets and staffing plans consistent with the multi-year roadmap
- Day to day team management and development including hiring and performance evaluation
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, aerospace, or related field
- 10+ years of software development experience and progressive program management roles
- Hard-charging, highly energetic, organized PM to quickly jump in and lead the development
- Proven capability to deliver and deploy scalable software tools on schedule and budget
- Familiarity with system level software testing and verification
- Develop program strategies and plans to execute supporting company vision
- Risk and opportunity management
- Budget management and tracking with emphasis on planning and meeting commitments
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Support ongoing efforts to identify, recruit, and interview candidates for the team
- Must have or be able to obtain a security clearance
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Demonstrated Leadership
- Demonstrated development and maturation of a team
- Familiarity with Liquid Propellant Rocket Systems
- Experience with executing US Government contracts
- Experience with software life-cycle management
- Experience with software product maintenance
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.