With nearly two decades of sub-orbital launch experience and technology development, VECTOR needs your help in taking the next steps to push space boundaries.
Innovation in space occurs when people have the freedom to imagine and to do. We are looking for other thought leaders in their fields of expertise who also believe in our vision and can work beside us to make this dream a reality. VECTOR is a growing company and is always on the lookout for great talent.
GalacticSky, a unit of Vector Launch, software team is building some of the most exciting and disruptive technologies for use in space, advancing the potential of computing systems in ways never imagined. This includes applying virtualization, along with cloud and data-center technologies to the unique and challenging satellite environment.
The position requires someone with an extensive and varied software development background in virtualization environments. In this position, the individual will be involved in writing code for many different parts of the overall satellite system with an emphasis on creating service processes, SDKs and APIs.
A typical day might include the following:
- Extensive software architecture and design
- Software development in C/C++
- Experience building services from the ground up
- Developing solutions in virtualization environments
- Networking and protocol knowledge
- Past work using Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Proficiency with software version control systems
- Ability to work with minimal to no supervision
This job might be for you if have the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5 to 10 years of programming in virtualization environments
- Eight years Linux, Full life cycle Software Design, Development, Verification
- C/C++ programming and one or more scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash, TCL)
- The role requires additional specialization in Virtualization, Containers, Orchestration, Storage, and Networking.
- Previous work in a start-up environment
- Prior work in a company developing cloud-based software solutions
- Citrix Hypervisor is a plus
- Programming against a database back-end
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
VECTOR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Each individual has the right to work in a professional environment that promotes equal employment opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.