SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. WIRELESS PROTOCOL SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- Design, code, maintain, test and document the link-layer protocol for the Satellite Communications Network
- Collaborate with the MAC protocol design team for protocol development
- Work with the PHY and Network teams to seamlessly integrate the link-layer within the Network stack
- Integrate the link-layer with simulation infrastructure
- Participate in architecture, design and code reviews and provide peer feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering OR 4 additional years of work experience
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on embedded C/C++ software development for communications protocols
- 3+ years of work experience in any of the L2, L3 protocol stack layers in broadband access technologies such as: WiFi, UMTS, LTE or satellite broadband
- 3+ years of experience with embedded Linux software development
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering
- Experience in Multithread/Multicore programming
- Experience with systems integration and testing methodologies
- Experience with current software development processes and tools including Agile, TDD, BDD, CI, Git
- Experience in Hardware/software integration like DMA, MMIO, etc.
- Experience with JTAG, SWD debugging
- Experience in modeling and validating MAC protocols using simulation tools like NS3, OPNET, etc.
- Skilled in troubleshooting and tuning of component hardware, software, networking and communications protocol problems
- Understanding of network layer components such as IPv4, IPv6, Mobile IP, routing, forwarding, etc.
- Proficiency with network monitoring protocols and tools such as SNMP, RMON, Wireshark, Ethereal, etc.
- Scripting ability with Python or similar
- Experience with modern encryption and decryption methods and their implementation
- Experience in development of very high performance SW with minimum delay and limited response time
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.