Are you looking for Master Thesis opportunities?
Would it be interesting to do your thesis with us at Esrange, where we launch rockets and balloons in the name of science?
At Esrange Space Centre we are preparing to launch rockets into orbit. The start of the rockets engines and lift off are very critical events posing great stress on the vehicle and the surrounding infrastructure.
The goal is to develop a method to evaluate the effects water deluge on flame deflectors and flame trenches used for orbital launches. Investigating how water can be used and optimized to suppress sound and cooling of the deflector/trench.
- Understanding the physics behind the phenomenon.
- Build a simulation model.
- Propose water deluge system deign to be built at Esrange Space Center.
- You have experience with simulation and knowledge in supersonic flow and acoustics.
- We value students who are curious, proactive, and takes initiative as well as enjoys problem-solving.
- The scope of this project is aimed for one person starting beginning of 2021.
- Please submit your application including university grades.
- Location is Esrange, Kiruna
WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE
SSC is a leading global provider of advanced space services with more than fifty years of experience. Since our start pioneering scientific rocket launches in northern Sweden, we have grown into a renowned, full-service supplier of state-of-the-art space engineering, satellite and launch services to commercial and institutional customers worldwide.