WE HELP EARTH BENEFIT FROM SPACE SSC is a leading global provider of advanced space services with more than fifty years of experience. Since our start pioneering scientific rocket launches in northern Sweden, we have grown into a renowned, full-service supplier of state-of-the-art space engineering, satellite and launch services to commercial and institutional customers worldwide.
Inspired by the exciting changes in the global space market, SSC remain at the forefront by continuously developing new capabilities in close cooperation with our customers. Our understanding of the emerging needs for accessible, flexible and affordable solutions enables us to tailor and deliver innovative services to several market segments. SSC is now looking for software engineers to join the Satellite Management Service division.
The candidate will mainly work on development projects helping SSC to consolidate and unify production systems and environments based on industry best practice and integrate business intelligence systems to accommodate cost effective, agile, secure and robust services to meet the demands of existing as well as new customers. This include supporting SSC in software development in areas such as digitalization, automation and standardization based on modularized secure system architecture.
Example of work tasks:
- Develop and maintain high quality, scalable, secure, stable code for new and exciting software applications used to enable SSC’s services.
- Participate in improvements of processes for automation of testing and deployment.
- Ensure new and existing code follows best security and documentation practices.
- Write and present code design specifications and validate requirements compliance.
- Being proficient in developing in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Understand, apply and promote agile methodologies, principles and values within the team.
- Working in international development projects, which includes project planning, project execution, meeting set targets, deadlines and deliverables.
WHO YOU ARE
- Minimum B.S. Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering.
- 3-5 years of proven work experience as a Software Engineer
- Object-Oriented programming techniques, minimum C++ and Python
- PostGreSQL management and interfaces
- API development using RESTFul(JSON/XML), Websocket framework
- Experience of Scrum & DevOps and CI/CD Methodologies
- Experience of using JIRA and GIT
- Excellent analyzing and problem solving skills.
- Team player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary.
- Excellent communications skills
- Fluency in English
- Demonstrated ability to learn and process technical details quickly
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment as well as independently, and possess a sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments.
- Experience with JAVA, Groovy, PERL, TCL is an advantage
- Experience with Nginx is an advantage
- Experience with Microservices is an advantage
- Experience with unit testing frameworks is an advantage
- Experience with web application (specifically React) development is an advantage
- Experience from the space industry is an advantage
- Experience with Machine learning and cloud computing is an advantage
WE OFFER YOU
- We offer you a challenging and interesting position within a dynamic environment in a global company.
- Opportunity for both personal and technical development.
- A workplace characterized by an open atmosphere and proud employees.
- National and international travels 1-2 times a year.
- An organized introduction program where you will learn more about our services, customers and SSC.
We are professionals in Space, here is a chance to become our new star!
Esrange Space Center, Kiruna and Solna Stockholm.
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! We evaluate all applications continuously. Please apply using your CV and personal letter by clicking the apply button below.
For more information please contact:
Michael Andersson, Global Manager Software Application Services
Phone: +46 (0)73 803 2125 e-mail: email@example.com