Senior FPGA Engineer
SSTL pioneers audacious new satellite technologies, products and services and shares its know-how to enable advancement in Space.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join the On-Board Data Handling team, designing digital hardware including PCB, FPGA level design and including embedded software design on target microcontrollers. Engineers at SSTL have involvement on a mission right from concept through to launch, commissioning and operational life; a true cradle to grave experience, and will give you the chance to see your work in Space in a rapid timescale! This key role will often sit within the core team of a satellite mission interacting with other technical leads across multiple disciplines to generate the technical solutions for innovative projects.
- High Speed Digital Hardware Design
- Schematic capture board level design
- Embedded software development of 8/16/32Bit Microcontrollers
- Design, implementation and verification of FPGA’s in VHDL
- Hardware Debugging and board bring up
- Responsible for Manufacture, Test and Delivery of Existing Hardware Designs
- Generation of appropriate design documentation
- Work closely in a core project team
- Involvement in SSTL peer reviews
- Responsible for the delivery of all aspects of the defined/delegated package of work which includes, Technical Solution, Budget and Schedule
2 – 5 years’ experience of digital board level design and system level debug and test. Experience of analogue circuit design desirable but not essential. Knowledge of Work Package Management and Matrix Management structure preferable.
Qualifications Knowledge & Skills
=BTEC / Degree in Electronics or equivalent
Knowledge of FPGA design in VHDL
- Good knowledge of writing embedded software in C and assembler
- Knowledge of Lab Test Equipment
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Results orientated, can-do approach
- Pro-active and able to take initiative
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills – both written and oral communications; ability to interface with customers and technical representatives
- Good team working skills, together with the ability to interface with others at all levels
- Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects
- Highly organised with clear communication skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to deliver solutions under pressure and to tight timescales
- Able to demonstrate company mindsets and behaviours; Be accountable, Drive & delivery, Communicate effectively, Self-manage effectively, Work as one team
SSTL prides itself on being a super flexible company. The role is based in our Head Office in Guildford but we fully support hybrid working and a range of flexible working options.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes; 32 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays, Pension Scheme with Life Assurance, Private Medical & International Travel Insurance, Annual Bonus Scheme, Share Incentive Plan, Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental Pay for new parents, , High Street Discount Scheme and many more!