Considered the pioneers of the small satellite market, and with a heritage that spans over 40 years, SSTL prides itself in continual innovation and improvement of space technologies, products and services, as well as in delivering space missions for a broad array of applications, like high-resolution Earth Imaging, communications (including from the moon), science and navigation.
This graduate position is a fantastic opportunity to build on your skills from University straight into industry with the support of an excellent functional team. As a Graduate Engineer you will be working closely with team to deliver a range of Imager Electronics Products to support SSTLs Earth Observation Spacecraft.
The role involves supporting the delivery of Imager hardware to SSTL’s fleet of Imaging Spacecraft. Includes supporting Design and Test of hardware, VHDL and Electronic Ground Support Equipment.
Engineers at SSTL have involvement on a mission right from concept through to launch, commissioning and operational life; a true cradle to grave experience, and will give you the chance to see your work in Space in a rapid timescale!
- Digital/Analogue hardware design for space environment.
- Schematic capture board level design.
- Circuit simulation where required.
- Design for manufacture/test.
- VHDL Coding (Basic)
- Test planning, test and verification of the design using software.
- Ground Support Equipment design
- Authoring of technical documents (including assembly & test procedures, reports and technical descriptions)
- System / subsystem level interfacing and trade-offs
Skills & Experience
- Graduate with Electronics Engineering Degree
- Experience of circuit level debug and test
- Experience using micro-controllers / micro-processors (even at a hobby level)
- Scripting language such as Python, TCL
- Understanding of computer architectures
- Interest in Image Sensors / Imaging / Camera Development
- Willing to build an understanding of the wider industry including Commercial Imaging and Satellite Imaging
- Knowledge of FPGA design in VHDL.
- Knowledge of Lab Test Equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- Drive to deliver to challenging schedules
- Good inter-personal skills
- Organised approach
- Good planning skills
SSTL prides itself on being a super flexible company. The role is based in our Head Office in Guildford but we fully support hybrid working and a range of flexible working options.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes; 32 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays, Pension Scheme with Life Assurance, Private Medical & International Travel Insurance, Annual Bonus Scheme, Share Incentive Plan, Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental Pay for new parents, High Street Discount Scheme and many more!