MDA is looking for highly motivated forward-thinking front end software engineers to join our team.
You will be part of a larger project team responsible for the development and delivery, to NATO, of the Functional Services for Command and Control of Maritime Operations (TRITON).
As a front end software engineer, you shall participate in the full development life-cycle, including; planning your own work, providing development estimates and following through with implementation, testing, and deployment. Your talents will be recognized and rewarded with opportunities for career and personal growth in an organization dedicated to success in a team environment.
As a team member, you shall:
- Create solutions that are attractive to customers, technically competitive, cost-effective, supportable and maintainable.
- Work from requirements and mock-ups to develop or modify very complex software applications.
- Work with other intermediate/senior software engineers on software design.
- Design, code, test, debug and document high quality web applications.
- Participate in integration, testing and deployment of applications.
- Assist in troubleshooting problems in the production environments.
- Identify and incorporate new technology in line with long-term goals
- Follow established development process and corporate technical quality standards.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of our development processes.
- Take pride and ownership in every line of code you write.
Successful candidates will have:
- A University Degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience, including hands on front end development experience
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a large organization and understand dependencies and stakeholder needs.
- Strong team player with the desire and ability to work well within a dynamic agile team environment.
- Proven ability to develop technical solutions within budget and schedule constraints.
And some combination of the following experience and skills:
- Modern Java design patterns and the JEE framework.
- Geospatial data services (e.g. OGC standards).
- Domain-Driven Design as well as Behavior and/or Test Driven Development.
- Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) particularly REST and Microservices practices.
- Database design, development and implementation (relational databases such as SQL Server, DB2 or PostgreSQL; and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB).
- Maven build scripts, Python, Jenkins & CI Integration, Cucumber and Logging via Elastisearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK).
See how your career can grow with MDA. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.