Seamlessly Connecting Earth and Space.
Reusable launch systems are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. A key ingredient to making reusable systems is the ability to test hardware quickly. As a Rocket technician apprentice working at our Moses Lake test facility, you will be responsible for building fluid, electronic, and structural test stand systems, preparing the test facility for test operations, troubleshooting test related issues, and supporting general test operations. You will fabricate parts and assemblies from blueprints, drawings, and/or verbal instructions. You will fabricate parts and assemblies using power tools, hand tools, and other typical shop equipment. You will work directly with experienced rocket design and operations engineers. You must be ready to stay focused, move fast, self-direct, and learn on the fly.
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical fabrication or electrical/electronic maintenance
- Proficient in the safe operation of various power tools, saws, and other heavy-duty equipment
- Willing to work closely with engineers for test stand maintenance and operations
- Safely work around hazardous chemicals and high-pressure systems
- Willing to work outdoors for the majority of your shift
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted
- Passion for building something with high quality, willing to attend work with a positive and humble attitude, and willing to take ownership of large and small tasks to help the team be successful
- Ability to work part-time initially, with an opportunity to convert to full time based on performance
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Experience with bending stainless steel tubing
- Experience with fabricating electronic or data cable harnesses
- Experience welding carbon steel components
- Experience with driving a forklift