Are you a highly motivated and result orientated Strategic Purchaser with the ambition of working in a high-tech and innovative company? Are you motivated by the potential of becoming a key employee in our goal of becoming best in class when it comes to Sourcing, Procurement and Supply Chain Management? We have a new job opening, since we are significantly increasing our focus on Supply Chain Management, and therefore looking for a new colleague.
TERMA is a company in significant growth, and rapid development in terms of globalizing and becoming best in class. For this journey, Global Supply Chain Management (GSCM) are looking for driven and curious people to help us achieve just that.
With reference to Category Director, Global Supply Chain management (GSCM), you are offered a unique possibility to join our team on the journey towards Sourcing Excellence. You will be part of an exciting journey with amble opportunity to put your own mark on TERMA’s future, our GSCM organization and your own daily responsibilities.
- Develop and implement category management strategy together with your colleagues globally across the company
- Negotiate and implement Procurement Agreements to support our supplier relation management and cost-out programme
- Establish and execute cost saving pipeline within the category team in terms of cost out, make / buy or design for x activities
- Work with supplier segmentation and ensure proper phase in and out in of suppliers
- Build up spend and data analysis within the category team to support the sourcing activities across the value chain
- Ensure a close link to the current and future needs of technology requirements from the development and sales organization
- Supplier development and supplier performance evaluation
- Own supplier bases and ensure the daily management of the operations of these.
Your professional qualifications
- Relevant educational background with a degree in either Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement or Engineering.
- A strong strategic, analytical/structured and fact-based approach.
- 2-3 years of work experience within strategic procurement but a new graduate with the relevant educational background and personal drive will also be considered.
- Excellent negotiator and excellent communication skills including fluent English skills (both orally and in writing).
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office package
- Technical knowledge within the electricals is an advantage
Your personal qualifications:
- An independent and outgoing personality with a positive mindset.
- You are analytical and have a high drive and a natural curiosity.
- Have an open approach to encourage stakeholder inputs and a structured and fact-based approach to secure ideas are prioritized and implemented.
- A strong leader and influencer with the ability to bring people together and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- You are a structured and committed, result oriented person, working with passion and high level of energy
- You have business acumen and a flair for value adding collaboration with suppliers, business partners and key stakeholders
- You make things happen and are identifying and dealing with issues proactively and persistently
- You are good at communicating with colleagues, a skilled relationship builder, able to navigate in complex stakeholder landscape
- You are robust and thrive in a dynamic working environment, you are change adaptable and good at challenging the “now situation” taking active part in becoming a Procurement Excellence center.
What can Terma offer?
In Terma it is your skills, commitment and ambitions that help us fulfil our mission of being and we are on an exciting landmark trip. We offer a job with great opportunities for the right, talented candidate with a challenging position in an international high-tech company. You will be part of a company with an exciting future and considerable growth. You will receive a thorough introduction and training in our systems and processes, and we are focused on teaching you useful competences. Our culture is informal and direct. In excess of the business challenges, Terma offers a wide range of social activities.
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma A/S is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
3. August 2019