OHB Italia SpA is acknowledged as one of the leading medium size companies in Europe for space systems integration.
OHB Italia is seeking for its Satellites Department in Milano or Rome for immediate start a Structural/Mechanical Engineer
- Spacecraft subsystem mechanical design.
- Incorporate all Avionics components, harnessing and Payload/RF interconnect sub-systems into spacecraft bus design.
- Support trade space investigations for structural optimization with finite element models and hand calculations.
- Interface with other subsystems owners for design interface requirements, identify and implement design solutions.
- Detail design for spacecraft composite panels, brackets, hardware, machined parts, tcs integration components, an various mechanical components.
- Create detailed design documentation for component manufacture, assembly and test.
- Conduct detailed tolerance analyses, clearance/interference checks.
- Provide ongoing manufacturing support during spacecraft build for assembly, integration, and test.
- Support detailed tracking spreadsheet for system mass properties (mass, CG, MOIs).
- Research options for appropriate materials and surface treatments for mechanical component design to comply with mission performance requirements.
- Support qualification plans (acoustic, vibration, shock, static load tests, thermal tests) to verify structural and thermal margins of safety, and correlation to analysis models.
- 8+ years of work experience.
- Bachelor of Science in aerospace or mechanical engineering or professional high school
- 8+ years of experience with 3D CAD modelling and 2D drawing specifications
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of NX
- Demonstrated basic FEA skills for structural analysis(FEMAP/Nastran, Ansys, or others), and excellent knowledge of mechanical design principles.
- Experienced with carbon fiber/ aluminum composite honeycomb design / manufacturing techniques.
- Experienced in troubleshooting issues and finding solutions.
- Experienced with structural and/or thermal testing and correlation of test data to predictions.
- Innovative, driven, out of the box thinker, self-motivated to investigate and implement new ideas, and proactive in overcoming obstacles.
- Very strong communication, teamwork and organizational skills.
OHB Italia SpA is acknowledged as one of the leading medium size companies in Europe for space systems integration. It is part of a cluster of European enterprises operating in the aerospace business.
Founded in 1981, with headquarters in Milan and excellence centres in Italy, the company employs more than 180 qualified engineers & physicists.
OHB Italia has consolidated expertise, resources and facilities tcarry out manufacturing, integration, qualification and flight certification, with a role of Prime Contractor in different fields of activities.
Its success is due ta combination of technical expertise, innovative technologies and low cost solutions, which allow tgive customers easy access tspace.
The company operates both on the institutional and commercial markets.
Its main customers are space agencies, space authorities and large industrial groups.