The European Space Agency is ATGs biggest client. They are an international organisation with 22 member states with sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK and Belgium. ESA is Europes gateway to Space!
For ESA/ESTEC, we are currently recruiting a Structures Engineer to cover a maternity leave. The support period is from 08/7/2019 to 17/01/2020.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Space-vehicle structural engineering, advanced structural dynamics analysis;
- Assist the Agency in the implementation of Structural Engineering for all Agency projects and programs throughout all the development phases, ranging from conceptual design studies to Flight Acceptance Reviews. This task includes providing support to projects with respect to definition of specifications, support to design reviews, support to structural test programs, etc;
- Assist the Agency in solving specific structural design or verification issues encountered by ESA projects;
- Support and contribute to the establishment and maintenance of relevant Structures Engineering Standards and Handbooks;
- When supporting Projects/Policy definition the contractor shall interface with industry prime contractors or Agencies (e.g. CNES, DLR, NASA), participate in progress meetings and reviews and provide appropriate feedback on the achieved progress and discussions.
- Masters degree from a recognized university;
- Minimum 4 years of experience with advanced structural analysis;
- The Contractor Personnel responsible for the task shall have several years of experience in spacecraft and launcher structural engineering, covering all project phases;
- He/she shall in addition have adequate knowledge in the employment of the relevant software, such as Nastran, Patran, Samcef/Mecano, etc.
What Do We Offer
ATG Europe offers excellent working conditions and provides you with all the necessary means to further your career. We believe that training and education, combined with regular assessments and a personal development plan, will create the best environment for growth. If needed we also assist you with settling in your new home or finding the right school for your children. ATG will help in any way it can, including a relocation budget that is applicable for ATG staff as well as employees working at one of our clients.