Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust.
Satellogic’s low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost. The company makes sense of the data so customers can focus on the big decisions at hand.
Our satellite engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day. We bring space down to earth for large enterprises and governments of all sizes who need to see for themselves how our world is changing.
Satellogic. Now you see.
About the job
- Function as liaison between purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and suppliers to resolve supplier quality issues and to provide technical support.
- Support Design For Manufacturability reviews and lead Supplier Manufacturability reviews.
- Investigate and determine the root cause of supplier manufacturing problems and implement timely, effective, and efficient quality resolutions.
- Assess supplier manufacturing facilities and assess supplier’s capability of meeting Satellogic’s technical, manufacturing, capacity and quality requirements.
- Help suppliers improve production output and productivity, and eliminate bottlenecks by using Constraint Management and Throughput Optimization, with focus on cost reduction.
- Perform new supplier assessments, audits, FAI’s, etc. as required. Conduct on-site quality system assessments.
- Manage 40-50 suppliers and drive improvement through Zero Defect Planning.
- Lead RCCA activities for systemic quality issues and complete on-site corrective action validation.
- Evaluate RCCA responses for effectiveness.
- Ability to travel on average 35%
- STEM Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Quality Systems and approving supplier PPAP/APQP processes.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills, and an overall strong quality focus.
- Functional knowledge and experience in the facilitation of supplier APQP and PPAP activities.
- Experience working in ERP.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015).
- Proven, capable, hands-on, practical problem solver with extensive manufacturing plant experience and consistently demonstrated results.
- Able to demonstrate previous practical problem solving, Error Proofing Coaching experience.
- 6 Sigma Green Certified Belt minimum, Black Belt desired.
- Experience in operations, supply chain and/or quality.
- Subject matter expert in electromechanical, electronic, metals, etc.
- Lean Manufacturing.
- Certified Six Sigma Green, Black, and/or Master Black Belt, Red X, ASQ CQE.
- APQP, PPAP, SPC, FMEA, Control Plan and Measurement System Analysis (MSA) experience.
Core soft skills and values:
- Strong leadership & communication skills.
- Assertiveness, collaborativeness and diplomacy.
- Ability to work comfortably in shop floor areas and in executive meetings.
- Autonomy, responsibility, respectfulness, agility, goal oriented, purpose driven, trustworthiness and truthfulness.
- Negotiation level of English mandatory. Proficiency in other languages would be an asset.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.