It’s a great time to be part of the SES team
We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
Support Specialist, Ground Systems
Luxembourg – Betzdorf
As a Support Specialist, Ground Systems you will troubleshoot various systems and devices used in Spacecraft Ground stations. You are the reference point for any system or component problems and will interface with industry (vendors) for components and devices and their development. Your tasks also involve re-engineering legacy systems by sourcing alternative components for systems no longer in production.
- Global maintenance and operational support of SES Ground assets world-wide
- Troubleshooting problems and restoring functionality in their specific areas
- Analyzing and suggesting improvements of operational systems to Engineering functions
- Actively follow-up and participate in the implementation of agreed improvements
- Take necessary preventive measures and maintenance to ensure ongoing operations
- Replace defective system components
- Survey existing or potential sites, installation and calibration of CSM systems
- Provide close support to various stakeholders in new projects. Perform acceptance testing of these projects and ensure high operational availability
- Support Ground Operatons (GRO) staff in day to day activities by providing expertise in all systems
Your Experience / Qualifications
- Technical diploma in RF/Broadcast and / or degree in a relevant discipline
- 5 or more years’ experience in earth station operations
- Excellent knowledge of all relevant communication systems
- A deep knowledge of Satellite communications for teleports and TT&C stations
- Excellent communication skills and customer orientated mindset
- Highly motivated
- Prepared to travel worldwide on short notice
- Rapid and effective response to any anomalies in the mentioned systems
- High availability as a result of effective preventive actions of the relevant systems
- Speedy processing of equipment faults
- Strong support to engineering teams in project work with a focus on future operability of the resulting system
- Informed and creative inputs in project definition phases
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!