We make digital 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧™
Work on interesting projects wherever you are, at home or in one of our offices around the world.
At Sutherland, you will work with great people on interesting projects with some of the world’s biggest brands. Here, you’ll develop new skills and experiences while tackling challenges in a supportive environment. Here, you’ll keep your passions and interests alive because we believe your unique perspective adds value to your work.
Associate Manager, Regional Incident Response Specialist – Jamaica
Sutherland is seeking an experienced Incident Response Associate Manager to direct the coordination of information security-related incidents from the moment of detection/notification of an event to the potential escalation of that event to a case/data breach. The ideal candidate would possess excellent coordination skills and the ability to prioritize investigation threads, as well as have experience in how to effectively resolve an incident to a recommended course of action. Both verbal and written communication skills are critical in this role which will involve conducting interviews, documenting the incidents, status, and recommendations, as well as presenting such data to internal management teams and affected customers.
This position will be based in Kingston, Jamaica, and will require travel to the other parishes in Jamaica, as needed. The position reports to the Sr. Director -SOC/ Fraud and Abuse and support the Information Security Manager in Jamaica. The role will interface closely with Service Delivery, other members of the global Information Security team, and other functions across Human Resources, Physical Security, Information Technology, and Facilities.
- Lead information security investigations in the respective areas of responsibility.
- Support security initiatives and global policy adherence and awareness efforts in the areas of responsibility.
- Highly motivated, detailed, and organized.
- Ability to quickly learn the accounts’ business processes.
- Understands the process of incident response from chain-of-custody to outsourced forensics review of incidents, and when to augment internal incident response capabilities with external vendor support.
- Ability to quickly classify and respond to incident types including policy violations or technical incidents, fraud, and data breach notification (privacy) incidents.
- Understanding of regional regulatory guidelines governing individual rights.
- Ability to work closely with Human Resources to navigate regional and company personnel guidelines.
- Possess a high level of integrity.
- Ideally, a familiarity with law enforcement / legal prosecution to facilitate working closely with our Legal and Physical Security teams to delineate when incident response ends, and when local law enforcement should be engaged.
- Well-versed in cyber security awareness – understanding actions on the dark web that may impact / direct incidents.
- Skilled in identifying/addressing gaps in business processes to reduce incidents.
- Skilled in interviewing.
Our workforce has thrived in an environment of a diversity of thought, experience, and background. We celebrate our diversity and embrace it wholeheartedly. Sutherland is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to engage in personnel decisions, including those related to recruitment and hiring, and to administer our personnel policies without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. There is no place for disrespect for cultural differences or insensitive stereotypes. We promote a positive work environment by conducting ourselves professionally and helping each other achieve our goal of One Sutherland Team, Playing to Win.